Monday, April 22, 2013

wedding week.

wedding week

We got our wedding photos in the mail on Thursday and my heart was full as I opened the package. In the midst of such terrible tragedies for our country, I take comfort in knowing that real love is out there. It is evidenced by the look on every guest's face at our wedding. True, pure love that I could never have asked for, but was given anyway. 

Meeting Jeffrey in the 5th grade is the biggest blessing of my life. I still can't believe that I am married to him forever. That also makes my heart full.

I don't have words for our wedding day. I was resistant to the whole thing. An event centered around us made me very uncomfortable leading up to the day, but as my dad took my arm to walk down our makeshift aisle, my heart felt a sense of peace so calm and clear. A sense of peace that I am sure I had not experienced until that very moment. The world was so still and people were there for us.

I remember my brother-in-law (who performed the ceremony) told us all to take a deep breath as I joined them on the courts (where the ceremony took place). As I exhaled, the world got so small I felt as if I could hold it. Everyone was there —the people who grew me into who I am — creating a network that made me feel so warm and safe. It was amazing. If love has a home, it was residing in the heartbeats of all the people who watched us commit ourselves to one another. I can't even begin to describe the feelings, the moments, the emotions I felt that day. Pure, true, dizzying love. Incredible.

Enjoy our photos just as much as I did. My favorite part is looking at the all the people that aren't Jeffrey and me. Their faces say everything. We are beyond blessed to have people in our lives that love us so much it is written all over their faces.

wedding days

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to a wonderful week of wedding posts. What a sweet way to start each day. Love you a bunch. XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your new blog!! So glad you're back to more regular blogging, since you seem to one of the most authentic bloggers out there:) Have a very good week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stefanie! Do you have a blog we could follow? Enjoy your week, too! xo

      Delete

Say hello! XO

Note: If you ask a question, check back! We respond to most questions in the comment section. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...