Friday, May 9, 2014

cook the perfect brown rice.

brownrice
The ability to cook brown rice has always eluded me. Every time I give it a go I'm left with half the rice stuck to the bottom of the pan, while the other half is part crunchy, part slimy. And my experiences with brown rice specifically have fared even worse. The other night, I combined all the information I had ever learned about rice into one super recipe, and it worked! The amount of excitement that ensued in my heart was a bit overdramatic, but I'm still going to share what I believe are the perfect steps to cooking brown rice. Enjoy!

As an aside, the water to rice ratio should always be 2:1 (i.e., 1 cup water, 1/2 cup rice).

Directions:
1. Rinse the rice under cool water — twice.
2. Fill a pot with the proper amount of water and pour the rice in.
3. Bring the water + rice mixture to a boil.
4. After the water has come to a boil, bring it immediately back to a simmer and cover the pot with a lid.
5. Let the rice simmer for 10 minutes and stir. Then, leave the rice to simmer for 5 more minutes and stir.
6. Finally, uncover the pot and allow the rice to finish for 5 more minutes (sans lid).
7. Remove from the heat and fluff with a fork. Voila! Perfect brown rice!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello! XO

Note: If you ask a question, check back! We respond to most questions in the comment section. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...