Monday, October 6, 2014

weekenders.

weekenders8 weekenders7 weekenders9 weekenders6

The slightest crispness in the air can really create a change in the heart, can't it? This time of year always feels a bit stressful. While the beginning of the school year rush has begun to settle, the new task of readying students for all they need to know during the school year sets in and the pressure can feel a bit overwhelming. Somehow the cooling of the air creates a sense of peace and calmness within me and I am so grateful for it.

It can be difficult to separate myself from my work, even though I know that the separation is so important, for myself and my students. To me, the weekends are a sacred time. I don't allow work to creep into my mind. I don't let the worries and stressors of my job constantly ware on me. For two days I try and let all of that go and focus on living in the present moment. If this all sounds a bit overdramatic, it's probably because it is. In all truthfulness, I probably take myself too seriously during the work week. I don't leave enough room for life to happen outside of the four walls of my classroom. It's a work in progress, as are most things.

To make a long story short, this crisp weekend was nothing short of perfect. Thank you, thank you, thank you fall weather, for giving me hope and restoration and happiness in my heart.

P H O T O G R A P H S / /
1 || Backyard gems. )
( 2 || Mr. Guthrie waiting for Jeffrey to get home. )
( 3 || We got this succulent two years ago and it continues to grow wilder and wilder each day. )
( 4 || A friend suggested we pick these sea salt + dark chocolate almonds up at Trader Joe's and they are unbelievably delicious. )

3 comments:

  1. The weather was wonderful. So good for the soul. I love October. It's a very special time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite time of year! I agree, it just makes you feel better.

    ReplyDelete

Say hello! XO

Note: If you ask a question, check back! We respond to most questions in the comment section. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...