Friday, January 2, 2015

a resolution for 2015.

newyearpost Life is, inevitably, busy. I am aware of this fact during some seasons of my life more than others. And sometimes, when things get busy, we are tempted to cast off some of life's simpler pleasures in order to make way for the necessary ones. They are, after all, necessary and can't be left to the wayside quite as easily as some of those things that might make one's heart sing.

And don't get me wrong, I experience some of those simple pleasures while carrying out necessary life tasks, but there are certain things we do just because we like doing them, and I fear that I sometimes let those things go too easily when life becomes a bit overwhelming and I must simplify in order to make my head stop spinning and my brain stop moving at a million miles per minute.

One thing that often gets cast aside rather abruptly is this blog. I have been a blogger for nearly six years. In those six years, I have come to love sitting down at the computer and typing through my feelings or chronicling some of the best moments of my life. I like sharing them with you, but I also like writing them for myself. I like going back through my archives and reading about what was important to me during this time two or three years ago. I like giving my photos a space to live and I like writing words that mean something to me, and might mean something to someone else. And even though I like all of these things (really, really like them), this blog is usually the first cut when I'm looking to lighten my load.

In 2015, it is my resolution to keep this space current and to make it a priority in my life. I enjoy writing here. I enjoy taking photos that will ultimately end up on this space. I enjoy sharing my feelings — the happy ones and the complicated ones. I enjoy sharing the occasional recipe that was shaped in my tiny kitchen, in my tiny home that's filled with big love. I enjoy hearing from you when you feel compelled to write to me.

I enjoy all of these things and it is my endeavor not to let this little blog slip into the shadows and collect dust until I make the time to brush it off and start over again. This year, I want to write frequently. Maybe not everyday, but many days. I want this space to be full of breath and life that can hold all the memories I want to remember. For me and for you.

P.S. Happy 2015, sweet friends and readers! (And, last year's resolution.) xo


3 comments:

  1. Yay! Thanks for sharing, Roxanne, I love your blog...even though I'm too often guilty of letting my commenting fall by the wayside when I'm feeling a bit harried myself -- Happy New Year! 2015's going to be a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you sis! Thanks for painting my nails. :) :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to more posts because I love reading them so much. XXOO

    ReplyDelete

Say hello! XO

Note: If you ask a question, check back! We respond to most questions in the comment section. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...