- Antioxidants (tons!)
- Omega 3s
Plus, they're also very detoxifying (great for the liver and the immune system) and they have a looooong shelf life. Yay! I'm blown away by these incredible little wonders (Seriously! How can they be so good for you and be so small?) and today's recipe involves a really tasty drink that you can enjoy at anytime of the day. Scroll to the bottom for the full recipe! :)
• 3 tablespoons chia seeds
• 1 cup warm water
• 1 cup 100% cherry juice
• the juice of 1 lime
1. Pour one cup of warm water into a sealable container. Pour 3 tablespoons of chia seeds into the warm water and gently swirl to combine. Cover and place in the refrigerator overnight.
2. Remove your chia seeds from the refrigerator. Stir them around. Your chia + water mixture should have a gelatin-like consistency.
3. Pour 1 cup of cherry juice into a drinking glass. Squeeze the juice of one lime into the juice. Stir.
4. Spoon 2-3 heaping spoonfuls of the chia mixture into the cherry + lime juice and stir to combine.
* Note: I find that my chia seeds tend to congregate toward the top of the juice (or sometimes near the bottom — they like to stay together!), so I just mix with a spoon to keep things combined.