Friday, April 26, 2013

part IV.

portraits I'm sharing the portraits last, but it was basically the first thing I did when I arrived at our venue (Jeffrey had already been there most of the morning setting up). Our wedding went off without a single hitch, even though there was a 60% chance of rain on our day. Although it never did end up raining, it was muggy. The kind of muggy that can only really be understood if you've ever experienced the moments before a Florida afternoon rainstorm (or in our case, the rainstorm that never came). My hair started losing its zip the moment it met the air, but it held its own for quite some time.

I wasn't even going to share this with you, but I feel like it's unfair not to mention the single problem I had (because every bride has one, right?). By the time we were about halfway through the portraits that were taken before the ceremony, my hair was so terrible it's comical. At the time, it was anything but funny, but there are a few pictures to prove that it actually was worth a good laugh. Pictures that you will never see, my friends!

Jeffrey, being the sweetheart that he is, kept trying to tell me that my hair looked fine. But when my mom saw me, she had something else to say entirely (thank God!). I walked into the bathroom, saw my reflection (and laughed in nothing but terror), and plugged in my curling iron in to try and salvage the frizzy army of hairs on my head. But of course the plug did not work. Cue my dad stringing an extension cord into the bathroom window from outside and my mom making a mad dash to the nearest store that would offer the kind of hairspray that could make a sapling stand still in the fiercest windstorm this world has to offer.

And believe it or not, the combined efforts worked! As I mentioned, there are a few unfortunate pictures to prove that The Hair Incident did indeed happen (which most eyes will never see), but other than that, things ran as smoothly as imaginable. My momentary hair issue was nothing compared to the torrential downpour that could have (should have!) happened, so I thank my lucky stars for that one. So, now you know and we'll just keep that one between us. :)
portraits1
^ Our first look was easily one of my favorite moments from the day.
portraits2 portraits3 portraits4 portraits5 portraits6 portraits7 portraits8 portraits9 portraits10 portraits11 portraits12
^ He looked so handsome.
portraits13 portraits14 portraits15 portraits16 portraits17 portraits18 portraits19
^ Our wonderful wedding party.
portraits20 portraits21 portraits22 portraits23 portraits25 portraits26 portraits27 portraits28 portraits29 portraits31 portraits32 portraits33 ^ Jeffrey's grandparents. Absolute angels on Earth.

[i carry your heart with me[i carry it in]
E.E. Cummings

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear;and whatever is done
by me is only your doing,my darling)
                                                  i fear
no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful,you are my world,my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)


I hope you enjoyed as much as we did! xoxo
- J&R


Just in case you missed out, here's a recap:
On Monday I shared some special words about our wedding day.
On Tuesday we shared photos of our ceremony.
On Wednesday we shared photos of our reception.
On Thursday we shared photos of the details.


* All photos by the incredible Kelly Kee of seed&sparrow.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Nicely done. Thank you so much for sharing. What a wonderful treat it has been to look forward to each morning. XXOO

    ReplyDelete

Say hello! XO

Note: If you ask a question, check back! We respond to most questions in the comment section. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...